[kj] the greatest live band on the planet!

Shadforth, Jane E SUKOP-UOIT/42 gathering@misera.net
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:49:32 +0100

Bob - Unfortunately been there myself, and had to spend a night =
not-sleeping in Manchester City Centre after an NMA gig in 1986. Not a =
pleasant experience.

If only we'd known you were stranded. We were in Big Hands, (just down =
the road from the venue), until about 13:30, and could have put you up =
for the night.

Jane

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Barathy [mailto:bob@bbarathy.plus.com]
Sent: 08 October 2003 09:06
To: gathering@misera.net
Subject: RE: [kj] the greatest live band on the planet!

Manchester was a great night...

Great to meet some of the Gatherers on the night (Al, Lisa, Daz, Phil =
and
Mik (briefly)). Nearly got into a T shirt swap with Raven but it didn't
quite come off. I can echo previous comments about Loose Cannon being =
better
live - so too where Communion and Panda but the highlight for me has to =
have
been Follow the Leaders! A two hour set list playing 19 songs fucking
excellent!!!

The journey home was quite interesting too as we missed the last train =
by 10
minutes and hadn't reckoned on Manchester closing at midnight, so had to
take refuge in a gay bar until we were chucked out and spent the night =
(not)
sleeping on a bench at Piccadilly Station (all part of life's rich
tapestry!).

Bob