[kj] NYC gig Oct 22nd - A Show of Hands/Plan

foolscircle9ways gathering@misera.net
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:38:12 -0700 (PDT)

--0-7009250-1065051492=:54850

Hi Alex,
Sounds like a cunning plan, but if I hang out in NYC for 3 weeks I'll be brain-dead, not to mention flat broke! I need to find somewhere outside this mayhem to rest these old bones, any suggestions? And no wise-ass remarks about Atlantic City, if I'm gonna mosh beligerantly I need some quality chill-out time first ;)

Cheers,

Stuart

Alex Smith <vassifer@earthlink.net> wrote:

Folx.....

As mentioned earlier, I'm proposing a pre-gig meet-up/drink-up on
October 22nd, prior the Joke's long-awaited return to the States and their
kickoff date in NYC. If possible, I'd like to get a show of hands as to who
is planning on attending. Right now, it stands at there's myself, Cliff and
Dirk.

What about the rest of you. Jester Joe? Stuart? New Guy Mike?

Please let me see a show of hands so we can organize a meet-up. I live right
near the venue (Webster Hall), and the bars in the immediate vicinity are no
great shakes, but there are some cooler, more suitable ones nearby that
would be more condusive/comfortable/more fun for a gaggle of Jokers such as
we.

Being that the doors open at 7:30 (and please bear in mind that there are
other bands playing and a horde of badge-holding CMJ'ers also planning on
attending), I'm suggesting that we meet up around 5pm, knock back several
pints, and then get to the venue as the doors open, then continue drinking,
furiously heckle the other bands and generally make beligerent bastards of
ourselves until the Joke come on.

Who's in?

Alex in NYC

--0-7009250-1065051492=:54850

<DIV>Hi Alex,</DIV>
<DIV>Sounds like a cunning plan, but if I hang&nbsp;out in NYC for 3 weeks I'll be brain-dead, not to mention flat broke! I need to find somewhere outside this mayhem to rest these old bones, any suggestions? And no wise-ass remarks about Atlantic City, if I'm gonna mosh beligerantly I need some quality chill-out time first ;)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Cheers,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Stuart<BR><BR><B><I>Alex Smith &lt;vassifer@earthlink.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"><BR>Folx.....<BR><BR>As mentioned earlier, I'm proposing a pre-gig meet-up/drink-up on<BR>October 22nd, prior the Joke's long-awaited return to the States and their<BR>kickoff date in NYC. If possible, I'd like to get a show of hands as to who<BR>is planning on attending. Right now, it stands at there's myself, Cliff and<BR>Dirk.<BR><BR>What about the rest of you. Jester Joe? Stuart? New Guy Mike?<BR><BR>Please let me see a show of hands so we can organize a meet-up. I live right<BR>near the venue (Webster Hall), and the bars in the immediate vicinity are no<BR>great shakes, but there are some cooler, more suitable ones nearby that<BR>would be more condusive/comfortable/more fun for a gaggle of Jokers such as<BR>we.<BR><BR>Being that the doors open at 7:30 (and please bear in mind that there are<BR>other bands playing and a horde of badge-holding CMJ'ers also planning
 on<BR>attending), I'm suggesting that we meet up around 5pm, knock back several<BR>pints, and then get to the venue as the doors open, then continue drinking,<BR>furiously heckle the other bands and generally make beligerent bastards of<BR>ourselves until the Joke come on.<BR><BR>Who's in?<BR><BR>Alex in NYC<BR><BR>_______________________________________________<BR>Gathering mailing list<BR>Gathering@misera.net<BR>http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering</BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.<p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-7009250-1065051492=:54850--