[kj] "a very dubious character"

Djehuti111 gathering@misera.net
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:27:04 -0800 (PST)

93 Greyson,

--- Greyson Stoehr <greygrrl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Jaz and I had a full-out discussion of this subject
> back when he was promoting "Extremeties..."
>
> At the point when he had recovered from the nervous
> breakdown he--and supposedly also Geordie--had
> suffered after doing the Courtauld Talks and Outside
> the Gate, Jaz decided it was time to go 'back to his
> roots' and become a Muslim.  He'd more or less
> renounced Thelema by that point, and when I argued
> that I saw what he'd done as a regressive move, he
> couldn't believe it.

 Personally, I'd have a hard time hearing that from
someone too.

 I feel that I'm the only person qualified to make
judgement calls about something as personal as my own
spiritual beliefs.
 In my mind, what that boils down to is someone
telling me that they know better than I about how to
live my life or which pantheon of God/dess' speak to
me.

 Liber AL has the following to say on such matters:

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law."

"...So with thy all; thou has no right but to do thy
will."
"Do that, and no other shall say nay"

 That aside, remember that Crowley himself had both a
great respect for Islam and had considered becoming a
Muslim at one point himself.

> That said, he's never given up the THEORY, but I
> don't
> believe he's as much in the PRACTICE as he was back
> in
> the Eighties.
>
> There actually is a section for Thelemic discussion
> on
> Jester's www.killing-joke.com, but almost no one
> uses
> it.

 Heh, I believe that my last post is the reason that
nobody uses it anymore. ;)

 So much for me keeping a low profile here....

93 93/93
 A L P

> Grey
>
> > Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 00:20:15 -0800 (PST)
> > From: Djehuti111 <djehuti111@yahoo.com>
> > To: gathering@misera.net
> >
> > --- foolscircle9ways <foolscircle9ways@yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Snap!
> > > KJ were also my intro to the old boy (so we're
> not
> > > taking this offlist, it's 'Class A' ON-TOPIC ;).
> >
> >  LOL!
> >
> > > Around 79/80 there was a Sounds or NME listing
> by
> > > Jaz of his top 10 influences - anyone got
> > > access/link to this? Only other one I'm sure of
> > from
> > > said list is Herbert von Karajan, conductor of
> > > Berlin Philharmonic and Most Evil Man in the
> World
> > > (shome mishtake shurely?). Would be interesting
> > > see the original article again (Antoni? Anybody?
> > > Jelbody?) to see who the other eight were
> (though
> > > think he of the Golden Harp got a mention!!!).
> > >
> > > And Jaz's "Thelemic leanings" were tapping into
> > the
> > > Aeon well beyond BTATS: even beyond Outside the
> > > Gate, yea, beyond Outside the Gate!
> >
> >  I was just mentioning that beyond BTATS, the pro
> > Crowley "leanings" became much less apparent.
> >
> >  A L P

=====
"The scene was wild and somewhat sinister. The
darkness, the palms, the mountainous background, the
silent lake below, the impenetrable canopy of space,
studded with secretive and significant stars, formed a
stupendous setting for the savage noise and blaze of
the ceremony."