[kj] "a very dubious character"

foolscircle9ways gathering@misera.net
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:49:33 -0800 (PST)

--0-2034482833-1069883373=:81028

Snap!
KJ were also my intro to the old boy (so we're not taking this offlist, it's 'Class A' ON-TOPIC ;). Around 79/80 there was a Sounds or NME listing by Jaz of his top 10 influences - anyone got access/link to this? Only other one I'm sure of from said list is Herbert von Karajan, conductor of Berlin Philharmonic and Most Evil Man in the World (shome mishtake shurely?). Would be interesting to see the original article again (Antoni? Anybody? Jelbody?) to see who the other eight were (though I think he of the Golden Harp got a mention!!!).

And Jaz's "Thelemic leanings" were tapping into the Aeon well beyond BTATS: even beyond Outside the Gate, yea, beyond Outside the Gate!

Djehuti111 <djehuti111@yahoo.com> wrote:
--- foolscircle9ways
wrote:
> Any other KJ lyrics originally penned by Crowley?

KJ were my introduction to Crowley, and without going
too deep into the topic onlist (cos I can hear " Ach!
here he goes again!" on the lips of many a Gatherer
who's been here for awhile. I guess I'm a bit
"notorious" when the topic of Uncle Al comes up.)
there are a glut of lyrics, song titles, interviews
etc. that show Jaz's "Thelemic leanings" up until
around the BTATS era.

Jaz seems to have broadened his spiritual horizons at
that point, although lines from The Book of the Law
(which is where the Fall of Because line originates.)
are scattered throughout the next few albums and have
even surfaced in the film that he did recently ("Drink
wines that foam. Take strange drugs they shall not
harm ye at all...is a lie") The Year of the Devil I
believe it was called?

I was looking forward to talking to Jaz about all
things Metaphysic at the recent SF show, but Jello
Biafra wedged himself between us!
Oh well, age before beauty as they say. ;)

Feel free to contact me offlist if you'd like more
info.

Aleph

=====
"The scene was wild and somewhat sinister. The
darkness, the palms, the mountainous background, the
silent lake below, the impenetrable canopy of space,
studded with secretive and significant stars, formed a
stupendous setting for the savage noise and blaze of
the ceremony."

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
--0-2034482833-1069883373=:81028

<DIV>Snap!</DIV>
<DIV>KJ were also my intro to the old boy (so we're not taking this offlist, it's 'Class A' ON-TOPIC ;). Around 79/80 there was a Sounds or NME listing by Jaz of his top 10 influences -&nbsp;anyone got access/link to this? Only other one I'm sure of from said list is Herbert von Karajan, conductor of Berlin Philharmonic and Most Evil Man in the World (shome mishtake shurely?). Would be interesting to see the original article again (Antoni? Anybody? Jelbody?) to see who the other eight were (though I think he of the Golden Harp got a mention!!!).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And&nbsp;Jaz's "Thelemic leanings" were tapping into the Aeon well&nbsp;beyond BTATS: even&nbsp;beyond Outside the Gate, yea,&nbsp;beyond Outside the Gate!</DIV>
<DIV><BR><B><I>Djehuti111 &lt;djehuti111@yahoo.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">--- foolscircle9ways <FOOLSCIRCLE9WAYS@YAHOO.COM><BR>wrote: <BR>&gt; Any other KJ lyrics originally penned by Crowley?<BR><BR>KJ were my introduction to Crowley, and without going<BR>too deep into the topic onlist (cos I can hear " Ach!<BR>here he goes again!" on the lips of many a Gatherer<BR>who's been here for awhile. I guess I'm a bit<BR>"notorious" when the topic of Uncle Al comes up.)<BR>there are a glut of lyrics, song titles, interviews<BR>etc. that show Jaz's "Thelemic leanings" up until<BR>around the BTATS era.<BR><BR>Jaz seems to have broadened his spiritual horizons at<BR>that point, although lines from The Book of the Law<BR>(which is where the Fall of Because line originates.)<BR>are scattered throughout the next few albums and have <BR>even surfaced in the film that he did recently ("Drink<BR>wines that foam. Take strange drugs they shall not<BR>harm ye at all...is a
 lie") The Year of the Devil I<BR>believe it was called?<BR><BR>I was looking forward to talking to Jaz about all<BR>things Metaphysic at the recent SF show, but Jello<BR>Biafra wedged himself between us!<BR>Oh well, age before beauty as they say. ;)<BR><BR>Feel free to contact me offlist if you'd like more<BR>info.<BR><BR>Aleph<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>=====<BR>"The scene was wild and somewhat sinister. The<BR>darkness, the palms, the mountainous background, the<BR>silent lake below, the impenetrable canopy of space,<BR>studded with secretive and significant stars, formed a<BR>stupendous setting for the savage noise and blaze of<BR>the ceremony."<BR><BR>__________________________________<BR>Do you Yahoo!?<BR>Protect your identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard<BR>http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree<BR>_______________________________________________<BR>Gathering mailing list<BR>Gathering@misera.net<BR>http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering</BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>If you're not
 living on the edge you're taking up too much room.<p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-2034482833-1069883373=:81028--