[kj] Killing Language

sade1 gathering@misera.net
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:22:18 -0800 (PST)

 That's one of my fave-hilarious things to do when there's
nothing else to do, sing the lyrics from your favorite songs
into an(y)other language. I usu. do it from engl to spanish and
in high school to Deutsch also. Try when drunk, add 2-3 friends,
and stir vigorously, it's a riot. My faves to do are kj, iron
maiden, Dio, the cure, pearl jam and STP. I imagine jane's
addiction would be fun too.

saul

--- Tom Foolery <the_hum@hotmail.com> wrote:

An open question for all non-native English speakers onlist- how
important are Jaz's lyrics to you and how much do you
understand?

The reason I asked is that during a prolonged attack of ennui I
translated the titles of all the songs on the first 3 albums
into finnish, and realised how far the literal translation was
from the meaning of the song. "Fall Of Because" was a particular
pain in the arse 'cos it doesn't make sense LITERALLY in any
language, so I settled for "Järkeilyn Kukistuminen" (The
Overthrow of Reasoning).
luv from
Stimro

=====