[kj] Fall of Because - live version

pr 001 gathering@misera.net
Fri, 30 May 2003 08:00:29 -0400

>From: Dennis Cunningham <euth@austin.rr.com>
>
>On Thu, 29 May 2003, pr 001 wrote:
> > that thought did cross my mind. but it's up to EG ultimately and if
>they're
> > short of remixes/bsides then why not stick an old live track on? could
>even
> > be a dig at youth to remind him of what he's missing out on. i just
>don't
> > hear the golden harp so i think it's pre-raven. (geordie's switch to his
>now
> > trademark guitar happened at the same time raven joined). but i could be
> > wrong.
>
>I was under the impression that Killing Joke released their first single
>under island to raise the funds to start their own label. What is the
>relationship between EG and Malicious Damage?

originally that was the intention yes but EG made them a deal (five albums i
think) and they accepted. not sure of the finer details but it all ended in
tears c. OTG (listen to 'age of greed' if you want to know how jaz feels
about it!) basically because EG were not only the label but also the
publishers and management.

>To be honest youth's bass playing sounds extremely sloppy to my ears, and
>nothing compared to Raven's style.  I'm not sure what you mean when you
>say golden harp... What do you mean by this?  It's possible that I can't
>make the stubtle distinctions in Geordie's playing(or not so subtle).
>Regardless I'm not sure what the golden harp is, and would like to
>understand it's meaning.

the golden harp is the ES295, geordie's hollow body guitar. it has a very
distinctive sound and since he switched to that from solid bodies at the
same time raven joined it's a good was to detect if it's youth or raven on
bass - just listen to the guitar! i don't hear it on the version of FoB in
question nor does todd so it seems the consensus so far that it is youth on
bass.

does everyone who wanted it now have this mp3? i can upload it to
yaboosuckstoyou or email it if not.