[kj] Killing Joke book idea?

pr 001 gathering@misera.net
Wed, 28 May 2003 07:29:12 -0400

well one thing is for sure alex it won't be a short book!

while i agree that the subject matter (ie jaz) is a rich seam to be tapped
sadly i must say i think the publisher has an all too valid point about the
potential market. maybe a book on rock nutters (or perhaps "troubled genii"
would be a more intellectual way of putting it) with a disproportionately
large section on jaz would be one way around this problem? publishers would
surely love a pitch like that (unless there are too many such books
already). particularly after of the success of ozzy and his famliy on mtv
(which i happened to think was sad, staged and (like all reality tv) dull
but let's face it it was a massive hit).

it was andy that was working on the book. i think unforseen circumstances
resulted in him having to "shelve" the idea.