[kj] O.T. Faint

P Bernardi gathering@misera.net
Mon, 26 May 2003 20:55:43 -0400

--------------050009060309070409010707

Visually, the Faint were amazing. Two giant video screens with
impressive graphics, cartoons and collaged images constantly playing
above the band as the lights in the club pulsed and shined in
synchronized fashion to the songs.

Musically, average with too many samples for my taste. They did put on a
great show - sounded good, looked cool - but something was missing from
the musicianship/ songwriting. Loudbomb just came off as being less
pretentious and the songs were catchier, better bass grooves than the Faint.

Still, Any show that brings out the young girls dancing gets an approval
from me.

Alexander Smith wrote:

>" better than alot of live bands I've seen recently (such as the Faint)."
>

>So, how are the Faint live? I'm kinda digging their album(s) (DANSE MACABRE
>and DANSE MACABRE REMIXES) in a sort've Lene Lovich/Gary Numan/Pete Shelleys
>solo sorta way.
>
>I don't think they're the new messiah or anything, but there are worse bands
>out there.
>

>Alex in NYC
>

>----------
>

>>From: P Bernardi <phantasmas@erols.com>
>>To: gathering@misera.net
>>Subject: [kj] O.T. BobMould/Loudbomb
>>Date: Sun, May 25, 2003, 12:52 PM
>>

>>Caught Moulds new project - Loudbomb last night. I have to say it was
>>suprisingly good. Nothing that musically adventurous but really good
>>grooves (bob plays bass) + catchy tunes. Its all instrumental but better
>>than alot of live bands I've seen recently (such as the Faint).

--------------050009060309070409010707

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Visually, the Faint were amazing. Two giant video screens with impressive
graphics, cartoons and collaged images constantly playing above the band
as the lights in the club pulsed and shined in synchronized fashion to the
songs.<br>
Musically, average with too many samples for my taste. They did put on a
great show - sounded good, looked cool - but something was missing from the
musicianship/ songwriting. Loudbomb just came off as being less pretentious
and the songs were catchier, better bass grooves than the Faint.<br>
Still, Any show that brings out the young girls dancing gets an approval
from me. <br>
Alexander Smith wrote:<br>
 cite="mid200305262321.h4QNK0Pe001706@nycsmtp4out-eri0.rdc-nyc.rr.com">
  <pre wrap="">" better than alot of live bands I've seen recently (such as the Faint)."

So, how are the Faint live? I'm kinda digging their album(s) (DANSE MACABRE
and DANSE MACABRE REMIXES) in a sort've Lene Lovich/Gary Numan/Pete Shelleys
solo sorta way.

I don't think they're the new messiah or anything, but there are worse bands
out there.

Alex in NYC

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">From: P Bernardi <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:phantasmas@erols.com">&lt;phantasmas@erols.com&gt;</a>
    <pre wrap="">Caught Moulds new project - Loudbomb last night. I have to say it was