[kj] Paul Raven

sade1 gathering@misera.net
Sat, 24 May 2003 22:15:30 -0700 (PDT)

Not sure if this guy's saying that Raven preceded him
in one of the bands he mentions, and which one?

Back in Brum in 1985, I joined a band called None But
The Brave featuring Sean Purcell. He’d shot to
notoriety in a band called Cuddly Toys, who had the
distinction of releasing a song written by David Bowie
and Marc Bolan but never recorded by them called
Madman. My predecessors were S Paul Wilson, who joined
Classix Nouveaux, and Paul Raven, of Killing Joke.
Sure enough, the band changed its name to Cuddly Toys,
and lots of gigs, but little label interest followed.

http://www.youngjohn.co.uk/jyb/jj-bio.html

P.S.
Apologies to MC Oles for my cd cover posting which
reads like I was refering to HIS kunstwerk as 'cheesy'
- it was meant about the new CD-cover.  I think Carl's
Jr. has a copyright on that gimick/scheme (& i'm sure
is to be filing a lawsuit soon). My real
feelings-praise-for MColes work is written after.

Saul