[kj] Artwork Trivia

Alexander Smith gathering@misera.net
Sat, 24 May 2003 15:43:58 -0500

--MS_Mac_OE_3136635838_61499_MIME_Part

Some trivia questions that I don't know the answers to re: artwork:

(1) What is the building on the front (and back) of the "Eighties" sleeve?
(2) Did Big Paul really draw the sleeve for "A New Day"?
(3) Are there any pictures of the original design for REVELTATIONS (i.e.
with badge?)
(4) On the cover of NIGHT TIME, where are the band standing (on a dock? in a
basement?)
(5) Who is that on the cover of FIRE DANCES?
(6) What is the origin of the little girl on the beach illustration on the
"Let's All Go" sleeve?
(7) Is that indeed Ron Reagan on the sleeve of "Empire Song"?
(8) Did you (Mike Coles) ever hear from any of the unfortunate souls whose
shilhoettes adorn the front cover of the first album (escaping from a gas
attack, I believe)?
(9) What is the significance of the placement of minute and hour hands on
the Malicious Damage clock?
(10) Please explain the visuals on the EXTREMITIES tour shirt (blonde twins
watching a television set with the crucifixion therein, dead body [Youth?]
lying in zebra crossing, creepy hands from stage-right over a candle, etc.)

Thanky!

Alex in NYC