[kj] mpga -> mp3? (OT)

pr 001 gathering@misera.net
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:00:12 -0400

>From: Rob Moss <joker@Z6.com>
>
>Not sure quite what you mean. Do you mean taking the audio off mpeg
>(something like off a live track so as to make a live MP3)? If so, cool
>edit can do that which I know you have. You just import the audio. Email me
>f you have a prob.

no. what i'm asking is is mpeg audio a different file type to mp3? and can
you convert one to the other? the files from kj.com are mpga, not mp3. the
file size is slightly higher than an mp3  @ 128kbps of the same length would
be. so that suggests it is an less efficient compression technique. then
again, maybe i'm barking up the wrong tree completely. i did notice you can
change the file extension as graham suggested. but that's no good as it
doesn't reduce the file size. matt seemed to know what i meant so i'll try
his suggestion.