[kj] (OT) mp3 --> wav?

Bo Krogsgaard gathering@misera.net
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:31:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Jiri Serious wrote:

> Any recommendations on a good program for converting mp3 to wav? I'm going on a looooong road trip next week, and I'd really like to spend some of my 28 hours on the road listening to the new material. I have a CD player in my car that does not play mp3s. My PC has Windows 98, I use Winamp to play mp3s, BladeEnc to convert wav into mp3s (if any of that info helps). My CD burner software cannot convert mp3 into wav (as I'm told most burner software can nowadays...yes, I haven't updated anything in ages).

You already have the software for decoding if your Winamp is relatively
recent. In Preferences -> Output Plugins, choose the Disk Writer Plugin
and configure it properly.

Note that this plugin acts EXACTLY like the sound card one, so you must
let Winamp play the whole song in order to get a complete WAV file. Bit
tricky, but has the best quality output of everything i have tried so far.