[kj] (OT) mp3 --> wav?

Jiri Serious gathering@misera.net
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:35:12 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1698048782-1056641712=:30249

Which reminds me...sorry this is likely a grossly basic question, but I've never had occasion to do these conversions before:

Any recommendations on a good program for converting mp3 to wav? I'm going on a looooong road trip next week, and I'd really like to spend some of my 28 hours on the road listening to the new material. I have a CD player in my car that does not play mp3s. My PC has Windows 98, I use Winamp to play mp3s, BladeEnc to convert wav into mp3s (if any of that info helps). My CD burner software cannot convert mp3 into wav (as I'm told most burner software can nowadays...yes, I haven't updated anything in ages).

Anyway...I'm curious to hear any good tips before I download some software I'm unsure of. Any help is much appreciated.

JS

pr 001 <stay_one_jump_ahead@hotmail.com> wrote:
is it possible to convert from mpeg audio to mp3? is mpeg audio just mp1 so
to speak? and would i be correct in thinking that doing this conversion
would reduce the file size without loss of quality. a free utility would be
handy. i think i can convert some of the files from kj.com to less than five
meg for the yahoo group.

--0-1698048782-1056641712=:30249

<DIV>Which reminds me...sorry this is likely a grossly basic question, but I've never had occasion to do these conversions before:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any recommendations on a good program&nbsp;for converting mp3 to wav? I'm going on a looooong road trip next week, and I'd really like to spend some of my 28 hours on the road listening to the new material. I have a CD player in my car that does not play mp3s.&nbsp;My PC&nbsp;has Windows 98, I use Winamp to play mp3s, BladeEnc to convert wav into mp3s (if any of that info helps).&nbsp;My CD burner software&nbsp;cannot convert mp3 into wav (as I'm told most burner software can nowadays...yes, I haven't updated anything in ages).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Anyway...I'm curious&nbsp;to hear any good&nbsp;tips&nbsp;before I download some software I'm unsure of. Any help is much appreciated.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>JS<BR><BR><B><I>pr 001 &lt;stay_one_jump_ahead@hotmail.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%">is it possible to convert from mpeg audio to mp3? is mpeg audio just mp1 so <BR>to speak? and would i be correct in thinking that doing this conversion <BR>would reduce the file size without loss of quality. a free utility would be <BR>handy. i think i can convert some of the files from kj.com to less than five <BR>meg for the yahoo group.<BR></BLOCKQUOTE><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1698048782-1056641712=:30249--