[kj] Oh I might as well ask

pr 001 gathering@misera.net
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 05:46:43 -0400

>From: "Jerry" <jerry@vane-recordings.com>
>
>Paul, just how many times a day do you go to the library?

once or twice. sometimes three. a bit like wanking.

>Anyway, yeah,
>Today is Forever (I think I prefer my version). I didn't have it on my PC
>at
>work but I have it at home and was just listening to it. No, I wasn't
>thinking of having that crappy MP3 cleaned up and if there's no master any
>more, well, never mind. Anyone know when it was recorded?

early 1982 (but after iceland so not that early).

>No, I'm more interested in pointers to stuff I may not be aware of. I have
>listing for "Before the Gate" (how about 3CDs of OTG outtakes J-P?) but
>listings for WTF and Panda would be great (I have some of the Madness mixes
>already...fucking boring).

'butcher', 'unspeakable', 'madness' x3, 'killer' x3 (drum dub, vocal dub,
guitar dub), and a couple of untitleds.

for PANDY: pandemonium, millennium, jana, mathematics of chaos, ten seconds
to hell (black moon), labyrinth... shit someone help me here i think i've
missed one, 'communion' maybe. oh, and an untitled.

i've also got a demo of 'the gathering'. and the early version  of 'we have
joy' (with a unique la-la-la-la-la bit!). and big paul singing 'wardance'.

>As for other stuff I have no idea what exists until I get the call down to
>Abbey Road (all the old EG tapes are still at Universal from before EG got
>bought by Virgin), I just need a good idea of where to start looking and
>what for.

cool!! well, the unreleased studio tracks from around the earlyish-mid 80s
we want are 'blue feather' (not the "version"), 'take take take', 'may day',
'new culture', 'all play rebel', 'the hive'... think that's it. yes some of
these did become other tracks but they may still have recorded them before
that.

then you need to get onto BIG LIFE for the tracks that didn't make DEMOCRACY
(inc. a better quality '4 stations of the sun'). remember that list mike c
sent through?

don't know where you'll get 'the fanatic' from but that would be great. what
about steve albini's studio? they did that demo of MINOG there didn't they
(the 'hideous' remix).

the b-side to 'a new day' 12 on 7 is just 'dance day' i think. the cat. no.
was the same as the single but with DJ added.