[kj] Democracy

sade1 gathering@misera.net
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:25:28 -0700 (PDT)

I do, though admittedly not ALL I expected(read demanded)
after Pandaemonium. The way it's refered to though,
it's as if Martin Atkins produced it while having a gun
at Jaz and Geordie's heads ("do it or Else")and forced
them to do it.
It's not a bad album *at all*.
It's 'just'(read:ONLY)a question of taste, nostalgic or
artistic. It stands on its own merit, and not just because
"even KJ's worst is still better than anyone else's
'best efforts'--though very 'all-caps' true. KJ doesn't
need to hide any of their albums in the shuffle to have it
slide by the acceptability-'guardians'. Sort of like
watching Robert DeNiro go from Godfather/DeerHunter/RagingBull
to doing film-Lite like Heat/AnalyzeThis to his stint
this year on Saturday Night Live. He/KJ doesn't compromise
(sell out)any fundamental integrity of artistic character
by ranging their acting/music gigs thus, on the
un-freekin-expected contrary.
My faves are Aeon
             Democracy
             Savage Freedom