[kj] Another bloody review - mine!

james harper gathering@misera.net
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:56:10 +0000

>But whereas on Fire Dances and BTATS it’s clever, here the whole song is
>just like some poor relation of Iron Maiden.

Given that there are no guitar solos, harmonised or otherwise, no cliched
galloping beats, no operatic vocals with vaguely fantasy-medieval lyrics, I
can't actually see any similarity to Iron Maiden.

>generally if I closed my eyes and you told me I was listening to absolutely
>any old West Coast/Seatle/Greenwich Village rock band on MTv, I’d believe
>you.

Can you name names? Aside from Iron Maiden, who do you think they sound
like? Having spent mny hours in front of MTV, the Kerrang! channel and
Scuzz, I'm hard pressed to find a band that sounds like this current album.

Jim.

It's always funny until someone gets hurt and then it's just hilarious...