[kj] OT: too quiet...

Jester gathering@misera.net
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 01:55:03 -0600

Haha...yeah yeah yeah...just wait till your the one with the screaming kid.
:-)

Hey man, they all act like that, at different times. The piercing scream is
what gets me. You can find a "cure" for other issues, but the scream is one
that is a little harder to stop once it starts. Now I know where my parents
came up with using "You want a reason to cry like that" phrase. Seems to
work when they get older. But then again, if you never jump their shit, and
they know it, nothing will work. Once they hit about 5 or 6, you can start
taking away the gameboy and shit like that. Now that is kinda cool in a
sadistic way. I get to play the gameboy all day now, till Thursday. Yeah,
it's ok to have a little fun with it. Tends to add to the overall effect,
and they don=B9t want to lose the toy/game...whatever, again.

Be warned tho. If you have a daughter, she will more than likely kill you
with cuteness. You will be helpless in her grasp, as she will twist and war=
you around her pinky finger till she gains control of your soul.

Joe in TexASS, with a grounded 6 year old son, a 4 year old son who thinks
he's black, and a demonic 3 year old daughter who runs the show.

On 12/30/03 11:05 AM, "Alex Smith" <vassifer@earthlink.net> wrote:

>=20
> I don't mind the screaming, somewhat surprisingly. Actually, when they fi=
rst
> start to get upset, it's sort've entertaining: the bottom lip juts out, t=
he
> face reddens, the eyes turn into anguished little slits, and then that
> piercing, high octave wail. It's when they scream so hard that they sound=
 like
> it's tuckering them out that's alarming (i.e. "what could it be that's ma=
king
> them THAT upset?") In any event, it seemed like good training. The other =
kids,
> however, (ages 5, 7, 9) could *NOT* have been worse-behaved (and I put AL=
> blame squarely on their parents, who are nice people but wouldn't know
> discipline if it smacked them right in the face).
>=20
> Anyway, we'll see.
>=20
> Alex  in NYC
>=20
>=20
> ----------
> From: "Alexi Hamilton" <alexih@hotmail.com>
> To: gathering@misera.net
> Subject: Re: [kj] OT: too quiet...
> Date: Mon, Dec 29, 2003, 11:50 PM
>=20
>=20
>>   Get used to it my friend...yours will scream just as loud as hers....b=
ut
>> it'll be YOURS and that's okay.
>>=20
>> ~Alexi=20
>>=20
>> It was lovely,=20
>>> actually, but those fuckin' kids drive me nuts. There is a newish baby =
in
>>> the family (Peggy's sister Katie's) who is eleven months old, cute as h=
ell
>>> and fun to hang out with (until she starts screaming her little head of=
f),
>>> so that was kinda fun.
>>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> Have fun customizing MSN Messenger =97 learn how here!
>> <http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2752??PS=3D>
>=20

KEEPING THE FIRE ALIVE WITH HONOUR!
OCCISIO LOCATIO=20

THE WEBMASTER,=20
JESTER=20
WWW.KILLING-JOKE.COM
WWW.PARALLAX1.COM=20

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

"In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for Windows or
Gates?"