[kj] OT: Gothmas

sade1 gathering@misera.net
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 16:33:31 -0800 (PST)

--- Dammit Bleep <blackhawkscrank@hotmail.com> wrote:

the question was asked: "what's it like being known as the
Godfathers of Goth, Peter?" To this, Peter Murphy responded
something to the effect of how they laughed about that idea.
They never set out to creat a "Goth Movement" and they don't
consider themselves a part of it.

Maybe someone has read/seen something to the contrary,

   Yep, agree. I'read an interview (online methinkx) with PM
where he clearly says he/they never considered themselves
"Goths" or their music as gloomy, but rather, they wanted to
sound happier, or positive, or something, and more along the
lines of Bowie et al.

Happy new years alles, n' hoffentlich another KJ tour, n' thankx
to AnIrratDom.net for that full Geordie write-up. Jaz needs to
shut up more and let Geordie talk. I liked his humor and
directness on things--Atkins, Jaz, disco/dub, etc.

Saul

=====
"Sing in key, you f-----' goth,"
              ----Geordie to Jaz,