[kj] OT: Amy's request...The Damned

Antoni Adamiak gathering@misera.net
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:04:16 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shadforth, Jane E SUKOP-UOIT/42" <jane.shadforth@shell.com>
To: <gathering@misera.net>
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 12:18 PM
Subject: [kj] OT: Amy's request...

The Damned I saw a couple of times in May (Manchester & Liverpool), then
also at Glastonbury, then 3 times this month, (Bristol, Northampton,
London). This seems to have been a really good year for them, as not only
are they now selling out venues this month, but they now seem to be
attracting youngsters into the fold, which has to be a good thing when so
many bands of their era are seeing diminishing attendances of a few old
punks. For a band who have had there up's & downs over the years, (and I
have seen them perform dismally on more than a few occasions), they seem to
really have it sorted at the moment & all the gigs I've seen this year have
been consistently blinding... They play a good mix of old favourites from
throughout their career, combined with a few songs from the current album,
and the atmosphere is always brilliant fun, and can be very lively. The only
downside of the last 2 dates was Captain Sensible airing his Punk Aid
single, which whilst being for a very good cause, is not a good song...

Antoni - anything to add from Saturday??

Yeah, it was really funny watching the keyboard player (Monty OxyMoron)
leaping about during the real old numbers as they had no keyboard parts in
them - the poor bloke looked like Nigel from Eastenders. At the end seeing
the inflatable Santa left discarded in the security pit was a bit sad,
resplendant with his "I Love The Clash" graffiti. Absolutely cracking gig.

Regards,

Antoni

* http://home.clara.net/antoni/ *