[kj] Oi!

Amy Moseley Rupp gathering@misera.net
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 02:23:48 -0600 (CST)

> Listen, how hard can it be to take some person who is giving you shit and just laugh it off? I
> spent 34 years of my lifetime doing just so, and hey, i have been in two fights and less than
> five arguments during that time, how hard can it be?

I generally *do* laugh it off.  Where I tend to get into fights
is when I (stupidly) try to intervene in a knockdown dragout
between two fiercely opposed people, cos I see both sides.
I end up seeing stars ;-)

There's a fine line between being able to laugh something off,
and dismissing everyone who doesn't agree with you as being
wrong/insane/a jerk/whatever.  I too prefer the first.