[kj] OT: Are we still talking about Evanescence here?

gathering@misera.net gathering@misera.net
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 00:21:41 EST

-------------------------------1071897701

I think the reference to Christian music was specifically to Christian rock,
the bible-thumping purist kind that has as its only goal the conversion of
everyone to Christianity. Their listeners often listen to no other music, for
fear of being sinners. By the way, religious reggae music is usually Rastifarian,
which is a different religion that Christianity (although it has aspect of
it, as well as Judaism). I don't think it's prejudiced to criticize a type of
music that is only bent on converting people, and tends to have listeners that
are intolerant of others (such as gays and atheists).

-------------------------------1071897701

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>I think the reference to Christian music was specifically to Christian=20=
rock, the bible-thumping purist kind that has as its only goal the conversio=
n of everyone to Christianity. Their listeners often listen to no other musi=
c, for fear of being sinners. By the way, religious reggae music is usually=20=
Rastifarian, which is a different religion that Christianity (although it ha=
s aspect of it, as well as Judaism). I don't think it's prejudiced to critic=
ize a type of music that is only bent on converting people, and tends to hav=
e listeners that are intolerant of others (such as gays and atheists).</DIV>=
</BODY></HTML>