[kj] OT::Wish me luck

Amy Moseley Rupp gathering@misera.net
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:53:00 -0600 (CST)

> The gates of hell hath opened, and now I must go out to the real world, and
> brave the hordes of ass holes to wrap up holiday shopping. People have all
> lost their fucking minds, and t=B9is all I can do to keep control and not go
> =B3Charles Witman=B2 here.

For those in the UK, Charles Whitman was the guy who climbed
the tower of the University of Texas here in Austin and began
picking off pedestrians from about twenty storeys up.

There are still bulletholes to be seen in buildings and
statues.

My special friend read the book _He Kills Koppers_ this year
which apparently opens with a bit about the Whitman rampage.
He breathlessly asked me if it were a true story.  I sighed,
rolled my eyes (which he couldn't see, since it was a phone
call) and said yeah.

Do any of you read contemporary BritFic?  Just curious.