[kj] OT: Are we still talking about Evanescence here?

Jester gathering@misera.net
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:51:23 -0600

On 12/19/03 10:22 AM, "Alex Smith" <vassifer@earthlink.net> wrote:

> ...if we are, my only observations are:
> 1. They're Christians, which renders their music instantly moot, as far as I'm
> concerned.

An angle in ones vision, like this, typically and tragically lessens the
validity of the music. Not all the time, but as a rule, a bias such as
"Christian Rock" tends to reduce itself to nothing more than watered down,
Christian version of 80's hair bands. Rather than "She's Only 17", we now
will hear "She is a Christian Queen".

> 2. Despite her much touted operatic background, I don't hear a lot of range in
> her shrill mewling.

Her? Opera? Hahahaha...you have GOT to be kidding me. Range...my dog has
more range grunting when he shits!

> 3. If their name is Evanescence, why won't they hurry up and vanish already?

Tragically still, I am convinced that the great minds and artists die way
before their time, and the crap is left behind to further proliferate the
idea that this is indeed hell on earth.

Examples? John Belushi (SP?) dead...his lame ass brother Jim...alive. George
Harrison and John Lennon...dead...Ringo and Paul...alive. Jimmi
Hendrix..dead. Eddie VanHalen...alive. Stevie Ray Vaughn...dead...every last
member of every boy band still lingers on. We are doomed!

> There's more to "Goth/Gothic/Goff" than wearing black, by the way.

Reminds me of what I use to tell my wife. "Punk is a state of mind, not how
many clothes you buy at Hot Topic". Todd can prolly vouch for this one  on a
mutual friend. Andy Fuertsch is one of the biggest punks around. Yet he
looks like the Gerber baby. Yes, I have seen the Gerber baby flick lit
cigarettes at the crowd in Austin, and get himself and the rest of Texas God
banned from clubs....it is indeed, a state of mind.

KEEPING THE FIRE ALIVE WITH HONOUR!
OCCISIO LOCATIO

THE WEBMASTER,
JESTER
WWW.KILLING-JOKE.COM
WWW.PARALLAX1.COM

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

"In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for Windows or
Gates?"