[kj] YEAR END POLL FOR `03

bluce ree gathering@misera.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:55:22 +0000 (GMT)

--0-901364218-1071777322=:17137

1) Your Name:   Richie Harkness

2) Your Age:  29

3) Are you married and have you any children?   nope

4) I live here:   st helens, uk.  Am a londoner though and dont you forget it!

5) I've been a member of the Gathering since:   on and mostly off since 1999 ish.   regular for a year or so.

6) What do you want for X-mas?   the alien films boxset and the new statesman dvds.

7) Your biggest extravagance of the year?   i'm a starving student so probably just Camden tickets.

8) Your biggest hopes for 2004?  win lottery, get remixes put on official KJ single b-side (!)

9) What was the last album you bought,why, and how is it?:   KJ2003 and it's at times brilliant and at other times notsobrilliant.

10) Not including the new Killing Joke album, what were your top five favorite releases of the year?
Mars Volta, Sparta, Everclear,  Rival Schools er.... that's it for this year.  2003 wasnt good enough for a top five.

11) What live bands have you seen recently. Did they rate?
Killing Joke - not as good as when they were sober in 94/95.  no one else, I'm stuck in the north with no bloody cash.

12) Worst music you heard all year:
The Darkness.  fucking horrible.

13) If I find out that the person I'm talking to is a big fan of ________, I lose all interest in talking to them (note: your answer need not be restricted to music).

Chelsea!

14) Band(s) most in need of reforming/touring/releasing new material:
Fugazi... NOW!

15) Band(s) most in need of hanging it up and calling it a day:
Wu Tang Clan, regularly disappointing since album no 2.

16) Albums most in need of re-mastering and re-release deluxe stylee:
Revelations would be nice!

17) Most overrated music of the year:
All the garage-rock shit, White Stripes etc etc etc.  Anything that MTV2 viewers like.

18) Most underrated music of the year:
bavarian goat's music

19) Next to Killing Joke, my top five favorite bands/artists are:
The Cure, Fugazi, Shelter, Bluce Ree, Glad Eye

www.bluceree.co.uk

www.gladeye.net

20) Express your views on Killing Joke's presence on the Internet

Put Cliff and Kara in charge of the KJ website!

22) Regarding the Joke, despite all the rumormongering, I'd really like the following to happen:

All the promos on one shiny DVD

23) Did you get to see Killing Joke on this tour? If so, briefly explain your reaction

slightly cheated by the sheer pissed ness of it all.  Ted and Raven were class though.

24) What would you have rather seen on the album cover, other than the red Krusty Clown?

Anything by Colesy.

25) Favorite track on the new album:

Asteroid

26) Least favorite track on the new album:

Dark Forces, Never Get To Me, House That Pain Built, Loose Cannon

27) Were it up to you to have chosen the first single, it would have been:

Blood On Your Hands

28) Have you managed to see "the Year of the Devil" as yet? Your thoughts?  nope

29) Outside of Andy Gill, who would you like to see produce the next Killing Joke record?   Geordie

30) Killing Joke track that best sums up the world today:  Empire Song

31) Have you bought anything from Malicious Damage yet? If not, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR?   One shirt and one poster.  Legendary goodness.

32) Goods you'd like to see made available on Mike Coles estimable site?   tiny plastic figures of the band with giant heads that beep out the tune to Pandys.

33) Following the 2004 Elections, I'd like to see this man in the White House:

Cliff, for being an all-round good egg.  With Loose Gannon as vice-secretary.

34) Do you feel 'safer' now that Saddam Hussein has been apprehended?

Not whilst Mick Hucknall still roams free.

35) Now that he's in custody, I would handle Saddam this way:

Stab him in both eyes, make him listen to George Michael at obscene volumes.

36) Where is Osama Bin Laden:

in a US training camp preparing to lead the invasion of more countries.

37) Have we seen the last of terrorism courtesy of Islamists on the homefront (US/UK/EUR)?

are there many of them in St Helens?  probably not anyway.

38) Do you feel prepared for another such instance?  yes, my beard now resists plane attacks.

39) Do you think Iraq had anything to do with the events of September 11, 2001?   no, but i bet they were wetting themselves laughing.

40) Where were you/what were you doing on that day?  looking at my email at work and saying 'bloody hell!'

41) Were you the next American president, your first act in office would be:   Make Bluce Ree the next support act on the KJ tour.  Oh and arrest Roman Abramovic

42) Tony Blair is a: bloody good actor

43) They want replace Franklin Delano Roosevelt's face on the American Dime with the face of Ronald Reagan. What is your reaction:   hahahahahahaa... not as funny as freedom fries

44) George W. Bush is an idiot: True or False. Explain your feeling why you feel this way. Support your argument:

He's a genius.  He talked most of Europe into invading Iraq with him, I wish I was that ambitious.

45) Under which American administration was the world/your own situation better off: Bush's or Clinton's?

dunno, it's all a bit rubbish over there anyway.

::::END::::

---------------------------------
--0-901364218-1071777322=:17137

<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">1) Your Name:&nbsp;&nbsp; Richie Harkness<BR><BR>2) Your Age:&nbsp; 29<BR><BR>3) Are you married and have you any children?&nbsp;&nbsp; nope<BR><BR>4) I live here:&nbsp;&nbsp; st helens, uk.&nbsp; Am a londoner though and dont you forget it!<BR><BR>5) I've been a member of the Gathering since:&nbsp;&nbsp; on and mostly off since 1999 ish.&nbsp;&nbsp; regular for a year or so.<BR><BR>6) What do you want for X-mas?&nbsp;&nbsp; the alien films boxset and the new statesman dvds.<BR><BR>7) Your biggest extravagance of the year?&nbsp;&nbsp; i'm a starving student so probably just Camden tickets.<BR><BR>8) Your biggest hopes for 2004?&nbsp; win lottery, get remixes put on official KJ single b-side (!)<BR><BR>9) What was the last album you bought,why, and how is it?:&nbsp;&nbsp; KJ2003 and it's at times brilliant and at other times notsobrilliant.<BR><BR>10) Not including the new Killing Joke
 album, what were your top five favorite releases of the year?
<P>Mars Volta, Sparta, Everclear,&nbsp; Rival Schools er.... that's it for this year.&nbsp; 2003 wasnt good enough for a top five.</P>
<P><BR>11) What live bands have you seen recently. Did they rate?<BR>Killing Joke - not as good as when they were sober in 94/95.&nbsp; no one else, I'm stuck in the north with no bloody cash.</P>
<P><BR>12) Worst music you heard all year:<BR>The Darkness.&nbsp; fucking horrible.</P>
<P><BR>13) If I find out that the person I'm talking to is a big fan of ________, I lose all interest in talking to them (note: your answer need not be restricted to music).</P>
<P>Chelsea!</P>
<P><BR>14) Band(s) most in need of reforming/touring/releasing new material:<BR>Fugazi... NOW!</P>
<P><BR>15) Band(s) most in need of hanging it up and calling it a day:<BR>Wu Tang Clan, regularly disappointing since album no 2.</P>
<P><BR>16) Albums most in need of re-mastering and re-release deluxe stylee:<BR>Revelations would be nice!</P>
<P><BR>17) Most overrated music of the year:<BR>All the garage-rock shit, White Stripes etc etc etc.&nbsp; Anything that MTV2 viewers like.</P>
<P><BR>18) Most underrated music of the year:<BR>bavarian goat's music</P>
<P><BR>19) Next to Killing Joke, my top five favorite bands/artists are:<BR>The Cure, Fugazi, Shelter, Bluce Ree, Glad Eye</P>
<P><A href="http://www.bluceree.co.uk/">www.bluceree.co.uk</A></P>
<P><A href="http://www.gladeye.net/">www.gladeye.net</A></P>
<P><BR>20) Express your views on Killing Joke's presence on the Internet</P>
<P>Put Cliff and Kara in charge of the KJ website!<BR><BR>22) Regarding the Joke, despite all the rumormongering, I'd really like the following to happen:<BR></P>
<P>All the promos on one shiny DVD</P>
<P><BR>23) Did you get to see Killing Joke on this tour? If so, briefly explain your reaction<BR></P>
<P>slightly cheated by the sheer pissed ness of it all.&nbsp; Ted and Raven were class though.</P>
<P><BR>24) What would you have rather seen on the album cover, other than the red Krusty Clown?<BR></P>
<P>Anything by Colesy.</P>
<P><BR>25) Favorite track on the new album:</P>
<P>Asteroid<BR><BR>26) Least favorite track on the new album:<BR></P>
<P>Dark Forces, Never Get To Me, House That Pain Built, Loose Cannon</P>
<P><BR>27) Were it up to you to have chosen the first single, it would have been:<BR></P>
<P>Blood On Your Hands</P>
<P><BR>28) Have you managed to see "the Year of the Devil" as yet? Your thoughts?&nbsp; nope</P>
<P><BR>29) Outside of Andy Gill, who would you like to see produce the next Killing Joke record?&nbsp;&nbsp; Geordie<BR><BR>30) Killing Joke track that best sums up the world today:&nbsp; Empire Song<BR><BR>31) Have you bought anything from Malicious Damage yet? If not, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR?&nbsp;&nbsp; One shirt and one poster.&nbsp; Legendary goodness.<BR><BR>32) Goods you'd like to see made available on Mike Coles estimable site?&nbsp;&nbsp; tiny plastic figures of the band with giant heads that beep out the tune to Pandys.<BR><BR>33) Following the 2004 Elections, I'd like to see this man in the White House:<BR></P>
<P>Cliff, for being an all-round good egg.&nbsp; With Loose Gannon as vice-secretary.</P>
<P><BR>34) Do you feel 'safer' now that Saddam Hussein has been apprehended?<BR></P>
<P>Not whilst Mick Hucknall still roams free.</P>
<P><BR>35) Now that he's in custody, I would handle Saddam this way:<BR></P>
<P>Stab him in both eyes, make him listen to George Michael at obscene volumes.</P>
<P><BR>36) Where is Osama Bin Laden:</P>
<P>in a US training camp preparing to lead the invasion of more countries.</P>
<P><BR><BR>37) Have we seen the last of terrorism courtesy of Islamists on the homefront (US/UK/EUR)?</P>
<P>are there many of them in St Helens?&nbsp; probably not anyway.<BR><BR>38) Do you feel prepared for another such instance?&nbsp; yes, my beard now resists plane attacks.<BR><BR>39) Do you think Iraq had anything to do with the events of September 11, 2001?&nbsp;&nbsp; no, but i bet they were wetting themselves laughing.<BR><BR>40) Where were you/what were you doing on that day?&nbsp; looking at my email at work and saying 'bloody hell!'<BR><BR>41) Were you the next American president, your first act in office would be:&nbsp;&nbsp; Make Bluce Ree the next support act on the KJ tour.&nbsp; Oh and arrest Roman Abramovic<BR><BR>42) Tony Blair is a: bloody good actor<BR><BR>43) They want replace Franklin Delano Roosevelt's face on the American Dime with the face of Ronald Reagan. What is your reaction:&nbsp;&nbsp; hahahahahahaa... not as funny as freedom fries<BR><BR>44) George W. Bush is an idiot: True or False. Explain your feeling why you feel this way. Support your
 argument:<BR></P>
<P>He's a genius.&nbsp; He talked most of Europe into invading Iraq with him, I wish I was that ambitious.</P>
<P><BR>45) Under which American administration was the world/your own situation better off: Bush's or Clinton's?<BR></P>
<P>dunno, it's all a bit rubbish over there anyway.</P>
Yahoo! Messenger</b></a> - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends
--0-901364218-1071777322=:17137--