[kj] V Festival review - KJ and the Bunnies

Amy Moseley Rupp gathering@misera.net
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:43:42 -0500

Quoting Phillipps Marc <Marc.Phillipps@enfield.nhs.uk>:

> >Marc is a Southerner, different breed, you have to make allowances.  ;-)
>
> We have no sense of humour . . . . we can't cook a good curry either . . .

I hear such interesting things about Northern vs. Southern Englanders.....
the latter are said to be more posh, but less hardy, and so on :-)

Do you refer to the famous Brummy Baltis when you say Southerners
can't cook a good curry?  I thought that would be considered
Midlands abd not North!

When I told a friend that his mother sounded like she was a
BBC presenter on her answerphone, he snorted, "She's a bloody
Northerner."

Colour me confused, but ever curious,

Amy

PS and the stereotypes of West Country folk are very funny; close
to the stereotypes of people from Arkansas here in the US; wearing
dungarees, going barefoot and sitting in trees all day long indeed!