[kj] V Festival review - KJ and the Bunnies

Amy Moseley Rupp gathering@misera.net
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:25:16 -0500

Quoting Akimon Azuki <akimon@hotmail.com>:

> :| (I seem to remember that the Bunnies were some... little crappy..
> "eighties" band?)

Ummmmm.... those would defo be fighting words on the EATB list!

I'll 'fess up and say I'm a far bigger EATB fan than KJ fan, but
that has a lot to do with being introduced to EATB at a much
younger age, and being more familiar with the band and its music.

The problem with EATB is that the 'hits' they had were what most
fans consider their crappiest music.  We call the eponymous album
the 'Grey Album' (cover art is in B&W) and for the most part it's
shite.  The two albums we argue over as "the best" are _Heaven
Up Here_ and _Ocean Rain_.

EATB's lead singer, Ian McCulloch, had quite the swagger and earned
the moniker "Mac the Mouth" -- he can make the most vicious and
yet funny swipes at other artists.  Don't know that he ever
commented on KJ, and I've read most of his interviews.  Mac also
has what is arguably one of the best voices in rock/pop history.

They'll be doing some 25th anniversary gigs in November -- London,
Glasgow and Liverpool.  I think the revival of older bands and
quality music, no matter which band, is good for all older bands.

--Amy