[Scons-users] 回复: Scons-users Digest, Vol 144, Issue 8

Eric Fahlgren ericfahlgren at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 10:54:23 EDT 2023

On Mon, Sep 25, 2023 at 3:23 AM Yu,Zhiwei (YFI,Shanghai,CN) <
zhiwei.yu at yanfeng.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
>         I find that if I set -j8, the printing messages sequence will be
> disordered.
>         I think the reason is python print buffer has competition in
> multithreading. Am I right?
>         And how can I resolve it.

As each subprocess has something to say, it says it.  This is normal and
expected for anything other that -j1.  If you have a requirement that the
output messages be sequential, then your only solution is to turn off
multiple subprocesses and use -j1.