[Scons-users] How remove defalut target from Object function

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Sun Sep 24 16:26:00 EDT 2023

On 9/24/23 06:49, Yu,Zhiwei (YFI,Shanghai,CN) wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
>     I am trying to use Scons with IAR, IAR is a embedded IDE.
>     For iccarm(IAR compiler), It's unnecessary to set target name, I
> just set the directory of object file.
>     For example,
>        iccarm.exe -o /Debug/Obj   /Src/main.c
>     But if I don't set target file name, Scons will set default target
> file directory and name which base on the source file.
>     I want to use iccarm method that set the target directory only, and
> remove default object file name from Object function.
>     How can I do it.

This concept is roughly the same as "batch" building, which is only
explicitly supported right now for the Microsoft compiler - you can see
a note here:

https://scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-man.html#cv-MSVC_BATCH

It's not that this hasn't come up before (see, for example:
https://github.com/SCons/scons/issues/1923), but the work to expand this
to other places hasn't been contributed yet.  Not sure which tool you're
using to run iccarm, so it's hard to advise further at this point.