[Scons-users] SCons bug when combining CacheDir and MSVC_BATCH

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Wed May 24 13:51:02 EDT 2023

On 5/24/23 11:15, Bill Deegan wrote:
> That is odd.
> Please file a GH issue and include your reproducer?
>
> It's possible that no one's tested MSVC_BATCH + CacheDir()..

having run though some quick permutations here, MSVC_BATCH+CacheDir is
not enough to trigger. It needs to add variantdirs - and it seems it
needs there to be two-or-more variantdirs....

My outcome seems to have been a bit different than Steve's - when I
switch to doing:

env1 = Environment(MSVC_BATCH=True)
env2 = Environment(MSVC_BATCH=True)

my tests fail on the rebuild of env1, and so doesn't even get to env2.
And yes, at the point where I put a breakpoint, after the cache
retrieval, shows the retrieved file indeed in place in the variantdir,
but later it's missing.