[Scons-users] Fwd: question about incorrect command format in Scons

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Tue Jun 13 15:20:21 EDT 2023

On 6/13/23 13:02, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Email mistakenly sent to scons-dev-owner..

> On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 12:43 AM mzhou <mzhou_sh at 163.com
> <mailto:mzhou_sh at 163.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi
>     I have been trying to build an ARM-GCC Cortex-M0 compilation and linking environment using SCons on Windows. However, I encountered an issue when modifying the necessary compilation and linking variables through the SCons custom Tool in the generate interface.

>     It seems that my compilation command format is incorrect, as SCons is using the Windows platform's compilation command format (/Fo). I would like to know how to handle this situation.
>     I have attempted to read all available documentation on SCons and searched relevant issues on Google, but I have not been able to find an answer.
>     Looking forward to your answer, thanks a lot~

At a first guess, you have to make sure tool initialization doesn't pass
through the msvc compiler tool, or else override the setting of CCOM
(and potentially SHCCOM, CXXCOM, SHCXXCOM)  after it's done, as those
will otherwise default to the MSVC style.  You *may* be doing the right
thing, but we can't see what is being picked up from $SDK_ROOT/tools,
and the outcome indicates it's probably not being done correctly.