[Scons-users] How to force a re-building of a cached file using the env.CacheDir() feature.

Don Baldwin donb at qti.qualcomm.com
Wed Jan 18 14:33:29 EST 2023

Hi,

We're looking into using the SCons target-caching feature (using the env.CacheDir() method), and there is a question of how to force a re-caching of a particular file.  Is there a way to do this?

I looked into trying to find out the md5 value of a file, and then deleting the cached file directly, and I'm running the 'sconsign' tool on the .sconsign.dblite file with the -c option to get the csig value, which I think is the same thing as the md5, but those values don't seem to match any of the filenames stored in the cache.

Thanks,
Don