[Scons-users] Does remote caching open up any security vulnerabilities?

Daniel Moody dmoody256 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 15:30:20 EDT 2022

Since SCons 4.2, the ability to customize the Class used to
orchestrate pushing and pulling to/from the cache was added.
https://github.com/SCons/scons/releases/tag/4.2.0

MongoDB uses this new feature to validation to detect file corruption:
https://github.com/mongodb/mongo/blob/a711b08cf587600a4c52b4df9a2fcb9789b834f8/site_scons/site_tools/validate_cache_dir.py#L92-L133

This same concept could be used to encrypt/decrypt cache files to secure
the remote cache. Your local environment will still need to be secure.