[Scons-users] Request help on the usage of scons

David Zhu david.zhu at irdeto.com
Thu Sep 15 00:24:05 EDT 2022

Thanks @Bill Deegan<mailto:bill at baddogconsulting.com>, @Mats Wichmann<mailto:mats at wichmann.us> and @Lan Yang<mailto:lanyang at autox.ai>
I’ve got the solution with your hints.
In my project, the ‘PRINT_CMD_LINE_FUNC’ is redefined and it can be set to default with a personalized flag.

Best Regards,
David

From: Scons-users <scons-users-bounces at scons.org> on behalf of Mats Wichmann <mats at wichmann.us>
Date: Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 11:01 PM
To: scons-users at scons.org <scons-users at scons.org>
Subject: Re: [Scons-users] Request help on the usage of scons
On 9/13/22 08:31, Bill Deegan wrote:
> By default SCons will output the raw command.
> If the build system your using doesn't then it has changed that from the
> default.
>
>>     Dear scons community,
>>
>>     Is there any way to print the detailed information of the final raw
>>     command line when scons is building a target?

... which, in fact, your project does.  You would be looking for the
various *COMSTR strings, which control the printing for various build
components, if defined - else the default, as Bill says, is to echo the
whole command line.

$ git grep COMSTR
tools/building.py:            ARCOMSTR = 'AR $TARGET',
tools/building.py:            ASCOMSTR = 'AS $TARGET',
tools/building.py:            ASPPCOMSTR = 'AS $TARGET',
tools/building.py:            CCCOMSTR = 'CC $TARGET',
tools/building.py:            CXXCOMSTR = 'CXX $TARGET',
tools/building.py:            LINKCOMSTR = 'LINK $TARGET'

You could temporarily comment out those settings, and you should get a
full printout.  Longer-term, there are some techniques you can use to
set them conditionally - you could arrange to skip setting them if some
predefined debug option or flag were given on the command line, but no
need to worry about that at the moment.