[Scons-users] Request help on the usage of scons

David Zhu david.zhu at irdeto.com
Wed Sep 7 04:25:09 EDT 2022

Dear scons community,
Sorry for bothering.
I have a question about the usage of scons.
Firstly, I want to explain my requirement by makefile.
In makefile, I can configure the CFLAGS for a specific C source file without changing other parts of the build script.
For example, I add below line in makefile to apply '-Wno-conversion' for 'src/sample.c'.
src/sample.o: CFLAGS += -Wno-conversion
The reason is that '-Wconversion' is configured for all source files but I want to remove the conversion check for 'src/sample.c' only.
So my question is how to configure that in scons?
In my project, I can only edit the script in a small range. I cannot use 'env.Object' to generate 'sample.o' in this range.
'env.Object' must be called in the next step by another script shared by all modules.
Many thanks for your help!
Best Regards,
David