[Scons-users] Bug Creation of static library

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Wed Oct 12 11:08:55 EDT 2022

On 10/12/22 04:10, Yoann LEBANSAIS wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to report a bug, or compatibility problem on creation of static
> library with alternate compiler.
>
> We are using armclang compiler and armar to create static library.
> Unfortunatly, armar doesn’t support option without ‘-‘prefix. So the
> generated command: « armar rc my_lib.a all.o » fail, but « armar -rc
> my_lib.a all.o » is OK.
>
> I’ve both configuration with gcc 10.2.1 and all work. If all compilator
> accept the "prefix version", it could be possible to update scons ? Or
> maybe there is an other way to did it?

As a quick answer, you ought to be able to set ARFLAGS to what you need
- that mechanism supports changing the flags as necessary (and in fact,
some tool modules already do this depending on the compiler in user -
Sun and SGI environments, neither of which are likely to be helpful to you).

Roughly:

env = Environment()
env['ARFLAGS'] = "-rc"

Believe you need to set it after environment creation because the "ar"
tool seems to set it unconditionally.