[Scons-users] src_suffix getings ignored

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Sat May 21 13:50:55 EDT 2022

On 5/21/22 11:46, daggs wrote:
> no,
>
> after almost a week with no answer (I'm accustomed that Bill answers fart), I went to my mail to see if I sent it right and I noticed his mail was missing, so I thought that is why he didn't answered.
> my apologies.
>
> Dagg.

I think you need to plumb your builders into the CFile builder's
mechanism, so SCons's internal plumbing knows it's another way to create
a .c file (with a .h as an additional file, which means you need an
emitter as well to inject the .h file.

Look at what the lex tool does - although I may be completely off base
on this.

Snip:

def generate(env):
    """Add Builders and construction variables for lex to an Environment."""
    c_file, cxx_file = SCons.Tool.createCFileBuilders(env)

    # C
    c_file.add_action(".l", LexAction)
    c_file.add_emitter(".l", lexEmitter)