[Scons-users] How to have multiple site-dirs

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Sat Aug 27 10:07:24 EDT 2022

On 8/27/22 01:36, Erik Kazandjian wrote:
> I think I found the solution. I just created extra directories under
> site_tools and in my SConstruct I call env.Tool(dir.toolname) that seems
> to work. Is this the way to go?
>
> Thanks
> Erik

That's fine, it's a supported model (basically, it's just like Python
importing)

I had to hunt a bit for where it says so, it's at the end of:

https://scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-man.html#tool_modules

"Tools can be "nested" - that is, they can be located within a
subdirectory in the toolpath. A nested tool name uses a dot to represent
a directory separator"

You might also be able to help organize things by using a toolpath.