[Scons-users] About email being returned

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Thu Apr 28 13:21:11 EDT 2022

On 4/28/22 09:37, liruncong2018 via Scons-users wrote:
> Hi,
> There are often bounces, the reason for bounce: "host
> mailwash62.pair.com[66.39.2.62] said: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable;
> Client host [203.205.221.231] blocked using sip24.invaluement.local (in
> reply to RCPT TO command)", what does this mean?

The mailing list is hosted for free at Pair Networks under a program
they've had for a number of years. That's where that part of the message
comes from.

Invaluement is a spam-blocking service, which Pair must be using.  It
sounds like it's intermittently blocking you - which is strange, once
you land on someone's blocklist it's usually scarily permanent and hard
to get rid of, even if in error.

Unfortunately what these two entities are doing between each other is
100% out of our control.  It's one of the downsides of being an unfunded
open source project, you have to put up with the things people will let
you have for free.

I wish I could offer better news... perhaps Bill knows more, he might
follow up when he gets back from his travels - I think that's next week.