[Scons-users] Surprising change in behaviour of createSharedLibBuilder

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Mon Sep 20 10:47:04 EDT 2021

Steve,

Any API not in the manpage is not subject to depreciation process.

As far as this specific change, it was necessary to introduce an
intermediary variable for  the suffix to properly generate versioned shared
library file names and symlinks.
Not sure why you're calling createSharedLibBuilder() directly?
Perhaps if you can explain why, we can suggest how you should handle this
change.

-Bill