[Scons-users] func in command doesn't get exuecuted.

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Thu Sep 9 18:59:20 EDT 2021

On 9/9/21 4:22 PM, Bill Deegan wrote:
> No worries.
> We've all been there. :)
>

> On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 2:46 PM daggs <daggs at gmx.com
> <mailto:daggs at gmx.com>> wrote:
>
>     me puts the dumbass hat and goes to stand in the corner.

Not needed to don a silly hat... somehow there are a few things in SCons
that just strain the intuition.  The behaviors of clean and noexec
options have "surprises" - both in target selection (it seems logical if
you explain it that targets to act on are selected the same way as
without either option, but it just isn't what you first think of); and
then the things that do or don't happen with those options active - like
you might need to use GetOption to check if they're set to force the
behavior you expect.  Not throwing any stones, just reporting what I've
run into myself and see other people run into.  VariantDir is the other
major one - it's not "an alternate place to put build artifacts", it's
"an alternate place to do the build, with SCons fixing things up to make
it look just like the source directory" - sounds like a subtle
distinction but full of traps. It's not the complete list... :)