[Scons-users] persistent but local tweaks to a node's environment

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Mon Jul 26 19:06:17 EDT 2021

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 11:05 AM Gabe Black <gabe.black at gmail.com> wrote:

> Related to this, I know you can override a variable using FOO='bar' in a
> builder, but is there a way to Append? I usually want to, for instance, add
> extra compiler flags without clobbering everything that's already there.
> That's what I was *hoping* to achieve with the CCFLAGS='${CCFLAGS} ...',
> but I don't think that's what it ended up doing!

I did some work toward this back in the day, but didn't ever come up with a
decent syntax for how to specify that an override should append (or remove,
or update...) But I did think that the form of override you're showing
above should delay substitution until used. I might not be remembering it
right though.

--
Gary