[Scons-users] Pandoc Tool

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Thu Jul 1 09:48:57 EDT 2021

On 7/1/21 7:09 AM, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Keith,
> That'd be great!
>
> Let us know if you need any help.
>
> -Bill
> SCons Project Co-Manager
>
> On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 12:17 AM Keith Prussing <kprussing74 at gmail.com
> <mailto:kprussing74 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Over the past few years I've been poking at a [Tool] for SCons to
>     add support for Pandoc by scanning dependencies including images,
>     filters, templates, and bibliographies.  I think I finally have it
>     stable enough for general perusal.  If there is enough interest, I'd
>     be willing to contribute it to the [scons-contrib] repository to
>     make it easier for others to locate and use it.
>
>     [Tool]: https://github.com/kprussing/scons-pandoc
>     <https://github.com/kprussing/scons-pandoc>
>     [scons-contrib]: https://github.com/SCons/scons-contrib
>     <https://github.com/SCons/scons-contrib>

For grins, I used this recipe to prepare a PR pulling another externally
developed tool into scons-contrib while keeping its history, if that's
something you want to do (that PR remains outstanding so you won't see
the result in the existing scons-contrib git)

# inside my scons-contrib working tree...
git remote add -f sconscontrib/SCons/Tool/qt4
git at github.com:dirkbaechle/scons_qt4.git
git merge --strategy=ours --no-commit --allow-unrelated-histories
sconscontrib/SCons/Tool/qt4/master
git read-tree --prefix=sconscontrib/SCons/Tool/qt4 -u
sconscontrib/SCons/Tool/qt4/master
git commit -m "subtree merged in sconscontrib/SCons/Tool/qt4"

https://github.com/SCons/scons-contrib/pull/36