[Scons-users] [External] Re: Unable to relocate install?

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Tue Feb 2 16:31:46 EST 2021

Ray,

virtualenv is NOT a VM.
It's functionality already in python. See URL below.
https://docs.python.org/3/library/venv.html

It is a way of creating an isolated python install. So you don't need to
install into the system python, among other reasons.
Super useful for many things. You can try out different versions of python
packages and tools and compare one against the other without having to
install/uninstall..

-Bill