[Scons-users] Scons 4.2.0 and Python 3.10: test SCons/ActionTests.py failed

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Fri Dec 17 14:00:03 EST 2021

Sergey,

You can ignore this failure for the time being with the following caveat
* - If you build with python 3.10 and then build again with python 3.10.1
you will likely see unnecessary rebuilds

Otherwise if you're just building with SCons and staying with the same
version of python 3.10.1 or 3.10, scons should do the "right thing"

The test which is failing is in the logic which SCons uses to determine in
a python action function or object has changed between builds.
We generate a signature of such and store that in the sconsign (as we do
for regular source files, or build strings) and compare those when
rebuilding.

Please file an issue in Github for this?
We'll try to address this in the next release.

Thanks,
Bill