[Scons-users] unable to install scons-3.1.2 locally from src on centos 7.9 with python3.6

Steve Hill (Wireless) Steve.Hill1 at viavisolutions.com
Tue Aug 3 09:11:23 EDT 2021

Hi Dagg,

Not directly answering your question but what I've put in place (since we have to support multiple different Linuces) is to create a venv with Python 3 (I actually build Python from source so that we always use the same version regardless of distro, but you wouldn't need to) and install scons in the venv using pip. All builds are then performed within the venv.

Steve.