[Scons-users] SCons working with Ninja

Don Baldwin donb at qti.qualcomm.com
Wed Apr 14 15:42:17 EDT 2021

Thanks Mats.  Will this be implemented in SCons 3.x as well as 4.x?  We are planning on moving to 4.x fairly soon, but we aren't there yet, and will probably not move our older projects to 4.x.  Also, do you have an ETA of when this will be available?

Also, what about existing tools that claim to support generating Ninja scripts from SCons builds, such as:

   * https://github.com/RedBeard0531/mongo_module_ninja

Does anyone in this group know if that supports function actions?

Lastly, we've been able to implement our own home-grown tools for doing a build "play-back" similar to what Ninja does, but we've only gotten it to work for command line actions.  I think the main hurdle for function actions is reproducing the SCons environment.  We've tried pickling it using both the native pickle library and 'dill', but have encountered infinite loop errors and errors trying to pickle class objects.  Has anyone else attempted this and gotten past these errors?  This is using SCons 3.1.2.

Thanks,
Don