[Scons-users] help with deleting or cleaning files

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Sun Sep 27 18:55:28 EDT 2020

Clean() doesn't return a Node.

>From Manpage:

This specifies a list of files or directories which should be removed
whenever the targets are specified with the -c command line option. The
specified targets may be a list or an individual target. Multiple calls to
*Clean* are legal, and create new targets or add files and directories to
the clean list for the specified targets.

So debugclean and debuginstall1 will both be None.

Clean just marks the file to be removed when you run `scons -c`

This should do what you're looking for (minus dummy file creation...
See gist:
https://gist.github.com/bdbaddog/949eaa3c566cdb5a4d8c0fcb5e96b5e5