[Scons-users] Fortran Scanner and #include

Luke Robison lukerobison at gmail.com
Fri May 1 15:14:14 EDT 2020

I noticed that the Scanners.Fortran module does not pick up dependencies to
files which are "#include"-ed in the original source.  This is a pretty
trivial thing to add, since there is support for the "include" statement,
and the addition of "#?" to the pattern makes it easily match both INCLUDE
and #include lines.

The only argument against adding that I can see is that #include is
technically a c-preprocessor statement, as such it differs from INCLUDE in
the following way: #include IS case sensitive, #include MUST come at the
beginning of the line and #include ONLY applies when the preprocessor is
running (-cpp flag or .F/.F90 files).  Practically speaking, if any of
these constraints are not met SCons will assume a dependency when there is
none, but the compiler will probably error-out.

If agreed, how can I best submit a patch for this change?

Luke