[Scons-users] parallel builds on Windows

Damien damien at khubla.com
Wed Mar 25 13:50:15 EDT 2020

We first tried ten or twelve years ago (2008?) with parallel builds in
Scons on Windows, tried the Z7 option and all kinds of things, we wrote
our own incremental linker scripts, none of it worked. VS 2010 couldn't
do it, 2012 couldn't do it, 2013 couldn't do it, 2015 couldn't either
and 2017 early versions couldn't so we just gave up. I had no idea it
was possible now. That installer writable hack became necessary in one
particular oil/gas corporate environment where IT had really strong
scanning policies, even with software development. The installers would
just die and the automated build chain would halt.

Damien