[Scons-users] Re-2: Re-2: GCC not found Error SCONS 3.1.2

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Mon Mar 16 09:24:16 EDT 2020

On 3/16/20 1:46 AM, Paul Rötzer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to add to my last mail that if I install mingw32-make via MinGW-get it works.

Come to think of it, when a different question caused me to set up a
mingw environment for some testing, I had to separately install make
with pacman as well, and remember being surprised that the tool was
actually looking for make - after all, scons is a kind of replacement
for Make, no?  :)

I see in the git logs that the change to look for mingw-make was done as
part of an effort to get clang-from-mingw to work. So just flipping this
back:

# This is what we search for to find mingw:
# key_program = 'mingw32-gcc'
key_program = 'mingw32-make'

maybe isn't right for that case, but maybe we could find a different
binary to look for that would be present both in the gcc and in the
clang case, without requiring separate install?